Public speakers have a tremendous responsibility to deliver their presentations effectively, with confidence and conviction. In order to deliver a successful presentation, the speaker needs to polish their presentation skills. Discovering strategy and tips to deliver your presentations will greatly enhance your presentation skills.
1. Know the Purpose. Know why you have been asked to speak. What is the objective of the event? Be clear on the purpose before you prepare your presentation. Your presentation will be a lot more effective when you understand why your message is significant to the event or group.
2. Prepare. Prepare. Prepare. A great presentation is not just going to fall out of the sky and proceed out of a speaker’s mouth. A speaker has to plan, prepare, research and practice their presentation. I like to stand in front of the mirror when I am preparing for a presentation. I want to see what natural or unnatural movements I might be making. I want to check my stance, my facial expressions and so on. Public speaking is a skill that has to be honed. The more the speaker presents, the better the presentation will become.
3. Study. Take a look at very successful speakers. What is it about their style or technique that stands out or has an impact on you? How are they able to capture the attention of their audiences? Develop some of those successful presentation skills and tweak them to fit your unique style of presenting.
4. Tell a story. Everyone has a story to tell. People love to hear stories they can either relate to or understand. Stories not only add to the impact of the presentation but will help the audience remember your message and hopefully you. Telling a personal story in your presentation helps you personalize the topic.
5. Finish strong. End your presentation on a high note. Your closing should be as impactful as the start of your presentation. What do you want the audience to do? Is there a call of action? Avoid just ending your presentation with just, “Thank you for your time.” End with something positive and strong.
There are so many strategies to delivering your presentations with purpose and passion. Taking the time to hone your skills will help you communicate effectively so your audiences will actually listen, understand and act on your message.
If you are looking for a network to join, check out Speakers Network at http://www.gwenthibeaux.com/about-speakers-network for more information.
Gwen Thibeaux is a motivational teacher, speaker, author and entrepreneur. Gwen is also an internet radio show host, Divine Talk Radio Show, and founder of Speakers Network. For more information on the author, visit http://www.gwenthibeaux.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gwen_Thibeaux